The Insurance Verification Coordinator is responsible for verifying insurance and investigating any missing information that prohibits verification. This individual also maintains the relationship with the third-party insurance verification vendor.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work with third party insurance verification company to ensure patient insurance is verified in a timely manner.
- Serve as liaison between insurance providers, staff, and patients regarding eligibility, payments, approvals, etc.
- Work with various insurance companies to navigate their processes in an effort to achieve consistent outcomes.
- Provide exceptional customer service while interacting with staff, insurance providers, and patients over the phone, in person and electronic communication.
- Communicate with patients, over the phone or in person, to help them understand the cost associated with treatment.
- Updating and maintaining patient insurance information within OMSVision.
- Adhere to deadlines ad prioritize work against the patient schedule.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree or vocational school training preferred.
- At least one year of relevant experience required.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of medical and dental terminology.
- Knowledge of medical and dental insurance benefits.
- Knowledge of medical and dental coding.
- Experience with Dental Practice Management Software.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel.
We also offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
Core Benefits & Wellness
- Medical (including Virtual Care), Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Competitive pay, Bonus potential, and annual merit reviews
- 401(k) Plan w/Company Match
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with HDHP health plans
- Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Spouse and Child Life Insurance
Time Off, Disability and Leave of Absence
- Paid Vacation (Starting at 2 weeks) and 6 Annual Paid Holidays
- Employer Sponsored Short Term Disability (Medical Leave – including maternity leave)
- Long Term Disability Plan